Sunday, January 20, 2013

It's out!

This week has been a lazy week for me.  Not that I am lazy but I could not do anything and I am still limited.  On Tuesday my gallbladder was removed!  Yea!  Apparently everything went really well. I slept through the whole thing, and then stayed asleep!  I did not wake up for a few hours.  I guess they were done in an hour but I stayed asleep for another 2 hours.   Jim was there and he was saying "Denny wake up, are you awake".  When we got home that day I went to bed and slept some more! 
    Jim and Aly have been taking care of me and I have gotten better every day.  I am still having some trouble bending over and picking things up, getting my shoes and socks on and I am still tender and sore, but for the most part I am much better. I still can not lift anything over 10 pounds not for another week.  I took the week off from school and will try to return this Tuesday.   No school tomorrow because it is Martin Luther King Day.  
   While I was convalescing Jim and I got hooked on Downton Abby.  We can hardly wait to see season 2 as we watched all of season 1 last week.  Season 3 just started and we have started recording it.  We are hooked!  Such an interesting lifestyle!  Love it!  Can't wait for tonight episode.  I can stay up since there is no school tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't hear that you were getting your gall bladder out until I got a text that you were in recovery. Eli forgot to tell me--oops. I'm glad you're doing better and that you have help to pick things up. I love Downton Abbey!

    ReplyDelete