Sunday, May 1, 2011

Easter and the following weekend!







We had such a nice Easter weekend. Saturday was such a beautiful day weather wise. We had a wonderful Easter dinner with ham, cheese potatoes, and salmon that dad was able to get. Yummy. I also made a sheet cake which I have not in such a long time. We had that Saturday night, Sunday morning.... and the rest of that day. I made rolls and cinnamon rolls for our special occasion. The table was also decorated and looked very nice. We were able to go to Saturday Market and had a good time, when we got home Grandma and Grandpa Squire were home to greet us. We had our dyed our eggs and got to watch Ivy put them in her basket. She was a pro. We played cards, and taught the Great grand parents how to play cover your assets. It was a lot of fun.
Sunday the weather was blah just like the weather man said. Glad we hunted for eggs on Saturday. Unfortunately Great Grandma Dorene was not feeling well. A bit of vertigo. Not fun. She still beat me at cards! We had family pictures taken but she was not in them. Sorry Grandma. We should of taken pictures after dinner. I was not thinking of that. On Monday everybody had to leave, and Jim and I went to work.
This weekend we worked in the yard. The weather was so nice. The windows are all clean inside and out, the burn pile is done, the lawn is mowed and some of the weeds are pulled. I am going to try to do a little bit of weed pulling every day. It takes forever with such a big yard. We cleaned out the garage this week too (my side). It feels so much better. And I have actually gotten almost all caught up on my ironing.
And along with Shannon's thoughts about the Royal wedding, I had Jim tape it so I could watch it. I love it. She was a beautiful bride and looks very confident and happy! I wish them the best. Hope you enjoy the pictures.

1 comment:

  1. I love all the Easter pics! It looks like you had a lovely weekend. We were bummed that we weren't there. Your Easter table was so pretty. :)

    I'm impressed with all the yard work/house projects you got done this weekend! I never thought I'd say this . . . but send a little of that nice, Oregon weather our way! We woke up to a couple inches on snow on Saturday. I'm pretty sure this winter is never going to end. I'm getting excited for our June visit. Hope you have a great pre-mother's day week!

    ReplyDelete