Friday, July 8, 2011

What a great time we had and Happy Anniversary





What a wonderful time we have had so far this summer. It was so nice to have everyone here for a week. During that time we celebrated our 31st anniversary! WOW! We had such a great time at the beach that day and a yummy dinner. Now I miss everybody. Since everyone has left Dad and I have been busy. I was on Jury duty for a week. Which means that I had to stay home and call in the night before to see if I had to go in. I did on Thursday. We were released by noon so I was able to come home. Yea! I am done for 2 years!
Jim and I started working on the house. We had an arborist come out and give us a bid on our trees. They will be taking out 4 trees on Aug.3, along with a bunch of other stuff! I am hoping it will look great. Probably bare and empty. It will be different. We also started working on the deck. We took off the old boards from the deck and replaced them ( we meaning Jim, I took out the nails and carried the boards to the utility trailer). We also replaced the bench next to the lilacs. We painted all of the rail and bench the other night but the last two days it has been cloudy and threatening rain so we have not painted the floor boards yet, they have just been primed with thewhite. It looks really nice but I would like it to be finally done! During this time we also had Benson. What a good dog. He was here for the 4th of July weekend so that Aly and Ryan could go to Seattle. We had a very quiet 4th. Our neighbors all celebrated!


Next I went shopping with Aly and she helped me pick out frames for the family pictures, and jammies material for the little boys. We had a fun day and I finally finished the jammies. I enjoyed sewing them. Hope they like them. I will be putting them in the mail today.

It is cold today like I said so no painting but I just wanted you to know that I have the little heater on by the computer because I am so cold.
We got a special present in the mail on Wednesday. Grandma Bowles bought Jim and I an ipad2. We are very excited and he showed me how to play angry birds. Thank you grandma! We love it.

Yesterday Jim worked a long day and I went to a wedding of one of my coworkers. It was simple and sweet. She was beautiful and I felt honored to be invited out of our Bilquist family. It was good to see my friends and catch up on the news of school.

Time to get ready for crabbing. Can't wait to go camping.









No comments:

Post a Comment