Sunday, March 6, 2011

Dancing and Kari Ann


Jim and I had a great weekend. First off on Friday night we got dressed up and went dancing. We were going to the place downtown that we have gone to before just not lately. Like the last 5 years. It use to be a five piece band and the women wore party dresses and the men wore ties! And we were the youngest couple! Not any more. It is pretty much wear what you want, more of a singles night to mix and very young people and digital DJ. When did we get so old? Don't get me wrong. We had a very nice time, the lesson was wonderful, the performances were great and we were not the oldest people there. Jim was the only one with a tie on! Unless you count the guy with the plaid green shirt and orange plaid tie. We lasted until about 9:30, watched the last performance, a pasadoble and a Rumba medley then went home. It was so nice to get out. We have been going to this dance place since I was pregnant with Alyse. We really enjoyed it and went fairly regular. I hope we can go back at least once or twice a month. It is really good exercise, keeps the brain keen and it is so fun to dress up once in a while. We should of taken a picture but did not even think of it.

Next on the weekend agenda is Saturday morning. I got up early and started working on a sewing project. I signed up to read at Barns and Nobel from our school PTA. So I made cat ears and a mask because I was going to read Skippyjon Jones. It is such a great read aloud. There were four teachers all together that signed up to read. It was so fun. I had quite the crowd for my reading time, and at least 4 kids from my class that showed up! Jim even came and took some pictures. Gotta love this guy, first dancing, then reading! After we read we got a Barns and Nobel gift certificate from PTA. Need less to say I spent mine and while Jim was there he spent his that he got for his birthday. Thanks I&S. I was able to go to lunch with my teacher friends and Jim came home to get ready for the basket ball game. BYU blew them out of the water. YES! 100 point game.
While I was in Barns and Nobel getting ready to read I got a text message from Kari Ann my niece. She just got a full time teaching job in Kindergarten. She is awesome. Any way she was in Oregon and wanted to know if we could meet. Yes of course. "I have 6 other friends with me". Ok not a problem. I called Aly and she was able to meet with Kari and her friends at Powell's book store down town. We were able to meet them for dinner and do a little kindergarten shop talk. It was so fun to see her and we welcome her and her friends any time.

Well today is Sunday and we of course have church late......2:00. I don't know a single soul who likes this time. Jim has to work this afternoon so that is a bummer. I hate going to church by myself.

All in all it was a fun weekend. I need to work on my 100's day stuff. Tomorrow is the 100th day of kindergarten and of course we will be having a celebration. I will post on that later.

2 comments:

  1. What a great weekend! Glad you got to go dancing. :) That's happy. Sounds like the B&N reading time went well too. I saw on Aly's Facebook that Kari was in town. How fun that you guys got to see her for dinner! Have a fun 100th day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we could have been there for the book reading. Maybe you can give Ivy a private performance next time we're in town.

    ReplyDelete