Thursday, September 8, 2011

Apples, Apples, Apples

Jim and I picked up a box of apples on Monday and I have been doing apples almost every night. Apple pie, apple cake, apple pie filling, and drying apples. I am not done yet and when I am able to finish them it will be a week. Hope they will be ok. I put them in the refrigerator in hopes they will be fresher. I have also been sewing. Jim and I are going to my friend Donna's pirate party next Friday. Jim is really excited!! ARRRRR!
I am also working full days the first few days of school. Donna is also there helping me.
If you have not heard, I am now famous. My picture was on the front page of the Oregonian. (September 8th) You can look it up on line. It is a really good article about over crowded Kindergarten classrooms. My teaching partner was quoted in it. I made it through the first day today, but had to do some rearranging of the desks. When the kids sat down there was no room to get between the rows. They could not even put their back packs on their chairs and go in and out of the rows because it was so crowded. Donna and I moved the desks in a different arrangement and I think it will work better. Thank goodness for Donna. She has been my life saver!

2 comments:

  1. Are you going to bring some apple pie next time you visit? Even if I could make it, Eli won't eat it so I need someone to share it with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the article online. Cute picture! :) I asked Weston's teacher how many students are in his class. 26. Not bad. I thought for sure at least 28. Anyway, hope you get the classroom space situation taken care of. Love you!

    ReplyDelete